Monday 25 April 2011

Thank Goodness For Twitter!

I've been a fan and follower of the photographer Lara Jade for about 3 or so years and last Tuesday se tweeted that she was in need of an assistant in London the day after! In the spirit of spontaneity I emailed her, got the day off work and got my ragedy ass up at 5am and went down to the big smoke. I was unbelievably nervous, I've assisted at the portrait studio for about 7 months now but fashion is a whole different ball game I had no idea what to expect, especially since I was waiting outside Neil Cornelius 1st Floor Hair Salon on Bond Street... Vogue... Tatler...
My nerves weren't totally gone once I'd met everyone and got inside, it was great just seeing how everyone was working, how the story was coming together and when I got to look on the back of the camera I was truely inspired!! Lara is a lovely lady and the creative team were all great and well... creative! :) I think I'm going to go on her London workshop in August, the learning process is very important! Anyway... it was a great day, I learnt alot and surprisingly I didn't get burnt on the rooftop of the salon, I was so tired by the end of it, here's some photos that I managed to snap on my iphone... in no particular order...














No comments: