Monday 24 January 2011

The only one.


Almost 5 years ago my brother was asked to shoot a wedding and he asked if I wanted to assist, of course I said "hell yeah!" I was 19 and never had an interest in wedding photography and thus I didn't have a clue about what I was supposed to be doing! My brother said that the bride wanted some shots done on black and white film so that's where I came in! I can't remember their names or where exactly in London it was but I'll tell you what I do remember! They had their wedding at their home, with a marquee in the back garden, they were together about 15 years before they eventually tied the knot, the street was lined with Porsches, the groom was a song writer and sang his bride the most beautful song during the ceremony, we worked from 11am - 11pm and I was terrible. I was asked to use a flash by my brother and although I'd used studio lighting by that point, I didn't have a clue how to use a flash on the camera. I also didn't know how to use the camera as I was given one to use, I get confused with all the buttons, I like things simple!
So here are the images I got from the wedding, 5 years on, I'm embarrassed and waiting for the opportunity to do better! I shot 4 rolls of Kodak T-Max 400 film. Any digital shots I took my brother has!



























No comments: